Yes, I know, another tag. I want to do a well written post on my NaNoWriMo prep and it’s not finished, so you get another tag. You all know you love it. You do. Trust me.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car? No, thankfully. I’ve spent many trips reading. Also bus/train rides when I used public transit.
2. Which author’s writing style is totally unique to you and why? Well, I’m not sure what this is intended to mean. I find Neil Gaiman to have a very unique style although I don’t know that I could say why, exactly.
3. Harry Potter series or Twilight series? Give three points to defend your answer. Well, Harry Potter. I don’t feel as though I need to defend that answer though. I mean, come on…
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what’s in it (besides books)? Most of the time because of school. There actually aren’t a lot of books in the bag, honestly. Notebook, laptop, pens and highlighters.
5. Do you smell your books? Only when they’re brand new.
6. Books with or without little illustrations? I can go either way. Little images at the top of a chapter are fine. If we’re talking whole pages, eh. Not so much a fan.
7. What book did you love while reading but later discovered it wasn’t quality writing? I guess the serial type stuff I read in middle school like Sweet Valley High? I’ll be honest, I’ve read some crappy stuff but after the age of about 16, I could tell it was crappy. In many cases, I read it anyway. I still read fan fiction and let’s be honest, a lot of that is less than stellar work.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Not really? My fifth grade teacher used to give us bookmarks she crocheted called bookworms. I had quite a collection. I took my books very seriously.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelves? The Princess Diarist.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelves? Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as an author? I do write. If I publish a book, that would be great. If not, then hey, that’s how life goes.
12. When did you get into reading? I’ve kind of always been into it. My mom tells me Sesame Street taught me to read at age 3. I’ve been reading ever since. I have read an awful lot of books in the interim…
13. What is your favorite classic book? Probably The Scarlet Letter.
14. In school, was your best subject Language Arts/English? Not really. I was better in science.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had already read and hated, what would you do? Give it away, I suppose.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games? So, this question makes no sense. Those two series are nothing alike. I’ve read lots of series. What counts as lesser known?
17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging? Forget to blog…
18. What is your favorite word? Breakfast. It’s also my favorite meal.
19. Are you a nerd, dork or a dweeb? Or all three? I am a geek. Of many things but still a geek.
20. Vampires or fairies? Why? Fairies, maybe? They’re interesting characters. Kind of vague question…
21. Shapeshifters or angels? Why? Angels have lots of potential for wierd story lines.
22. Spirits or werewolves? Why? Are we talking about Remus Lupin? He’s the best werewolf ever. Otherwise, spirits. Again, more interesting story options.
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why? Whoever wrote this must have been a Twilight fan. Vampire, in this case because I don’t like zombies.
24. Love triangle or forbidden love? Yup, they were a twilight fan. Forbidden love. I don’t like writing love triangles.
25. Full on romance or action with some love scenes mixed in? Action. You can’t do all romance all the time. Too boring.