I am a bit of a geek. If I’m honest, I’m totally a geek. Harry Potter is one of my loves, so for your amusement (and mine), here are some of my best and worsts from the world of Harry.
1. Favorite book: My favorite book is definitely Prisoner of Azkaban. It’s the first time that we don’t deal with Voldemort plus, we learn a lot about how Harry’s parents die. Plus we’re introduced to Lupin, who is an awesome character and Sirius, who is definitely a complex character.
2. Least favorite book: My least favorite book is probably Chamber of Secrets. I don’t like Lockhart as a character. He seems very flat to me. He’s not really nice and he works as a villain of sorts but he seems like an annoying side plot.
- Favorite movie: My favorite movie is The Half Blood Prince. I feel like that movie does a good job bringing us to the last two movies and the end of the story. I also love that the story focuses on Snape and Draco and how the two are intertwined. I also love that Ron and Hermione spend the whole movie questioning Harry (doubting him) and Harry ends up being right. And that Harry loves that book and later finds out that it was Snape’s.
- Least favorite movie: I’m going to say Deathly Hallows part 2 because it was the end.
- Favorite quote: “We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.” I think that this quote tells us so much about Sirius’ character and it really speaks to one of the themes of Rowling’s story. It’s all about the choices that we make. No person is truly all bad or all good.
- Favorite Weasley: Ginny because she is at least as strong of a female character as Hermione is but she is strong in different ways. Or rather she shows that strength differently. Ginny isn’t afraid to be who she is and she is able to stand up to her brothers.
- Favorite female character: Minerva McGonagall. She is the most amazing character and then her being played by Maggie Smith.
- Favorite villain: Delores Umbridge. That woman is at least as evil as Bellatrix but she is not seen that way initially. It’s not until at least part way through Order of the Phoenix that you truly realize how awful this woman really is.
- Favorite male character: Sirius Black. Sirius is such a multidimensional character. He has so many flaws but at the same time he means well. He’s the type of character that you could know in real life. For all of Sirius’ flaws he truly loves Harry as a son even though he has moments where he doesn’t seem to know if he’s looking at Harry or James.
10.Favorite professor: Flitwick because I’d love to take Charms.
- Would you rather A)wash Snape’s hair or B)spend a day listening to Lockhart rant about himself? Probably wash Snape’s hair because I don’t know that I could listen to Lockhart for any length of time without wanting to off myself.
- Would you rather duel A) an elated Bellatrix or B) an angry Molly? Uhm, is there really a difference here? Either one would be a formidable opponent. I guess an elated Bellatrix. She’s more likely to make mistakes.
- Would you rather travel to Hogwarts via A) Hogwarts Express or B) flying car? Hogwart’s Express, obviously. Who wouldn’t want to ride on that train and get sweets off the trolley?
- Would you rather A) kiss Voldemort or B) give Umbridge a bubble bath? Well, if you kissed Woldemort you’d probably be killed so I’ll take my chances with Umbridge and the bubble bath.
- Would you rather A) ride a Hippogriff or B) ride a firebolt? I think a broomstick would be fun to try, so the firebolt.
- Is there a character you felt differently about in the movies? No. I thought that was one of the things that was done really well on screen was the characters and the actors they chose and how they were portrayed. All excellent.
- Is there a movie you preferred to the book? I think that Chamber of Secrets is better on screen than it is as a book. Of course, it doesn’t follow the book too closely so that may be why.
- Richard Harris or Michael Gambon as Dumbledore? I preferred Richard Harris. It was very hard for me to see the switch after Harris died.
- Your top thing (person or event) that wasn’t in the movie that you wanted there the most? I can’t think of anything that wasn’t there that I really wanted to see.
- If you could remake any of the Harry Potter movies which would it be? Possibly Prisoner of Azkaban. I wish it was closer to the actual book.
21.Which house was your first gut feeling you’d be a part of? Ravenclaw. It was actually very close. I think I would be a hat stall…
- Which house were you actually sorted into on Pottermore? Hufflepuff (Puffs for life!)
- Which class would be your favorite? Charms. I love the idea of being able to modify everyday things. Transfiguration would probably be a close second.
- Which spell do you think would be the most useful to learn? Accio? Or possibly some of Molly’s cleaning spells.
- Which character do you think you’d instantly become friends with? Hermione or Luna.
- If you could own one of the three Hallows, which would it be? The cloak. I wouldn’t want the wand because to many other people want it and you’d be killed over it. The stone is just sad.
- Is there any aspect of the books you’d want to change? Nope. They are amazing exactly as they are.
- Favorite Marauder? James. I have a lot of curiosity about James as a child and how he changed as he grew up. He is clearly a person who had strong morals but I wonder what happened to him from the ages of 11 to 17 that completely changed how he behaved. I think that James was one of those people who was truly good at heart and may have made some bad choices. I also think that he regretted those choices later on.
- If you could bring one character back to life, which would it be? Fred Weasley. I think separating the twins is simply cruel.
- Hallows or Horcruxes? Hallows.